12 Years IMPACTING the Lives of Ecuadorian Children
Over the course of the last twelve years AENI has strived to maintain its goals and keep its noble mission alive. During this time, we are proud to state that we have raised and distributed over $500,000 in medical equipment and scholarships to charitable organizations in Ecuador who serve underprivileged children. Through our partnering with likeminded, vetted, non-profit institutions throughout Ecuador, your contribution today will make sure that our mission continues in 2017 and beyond.
El Triángulo Fundation
- This is a non-profit organization that works on behalf of children with intellectual disabilities.
- “Ecuador was hit by a devastating earthquake on April 16th of 2016. Ecuadorians throughout the United States felt compelled to help in any way they could. In New England, AENI (Association of Ecuadorians in New England) stepped up to help those affected by this natural calamity. AENI led the gathering, packing, and shipping of a 40 foot container filled with food, first aid items, personal care products, medical supplies, and baby supplies.
St. Mary's Church in Lawrence, MA was the staging area and collection center, where volunteers of the community spent many hours painstakingly packing and creating an inventory of all the donated items. The communities of Andover, Arlington, Boston, Fall River, Haverhill, Hyannis, Lawrence, Lowell, Methuen, Milford, Providence - RI, Revere and Worcester all made generous donations and demonstrated a deep sense of solidarity with those affected by this tragedy.
Under the warm sun on July 16th, more than 50 volunteers gathered in the parking lot of Saint Mary of the Assumption elementary school in Lawrence to load the container that would be ultimately shipped to Ecuador.
In order to have the aid delivered directly to the victims, AENI partnered with Fundación Acción Social Caritas (FASCA) in Ecuador, which had the arduous task of delivering the donations to dozens of families in the affected areas.
Thanks again to the community of New England for your assistance, generosity and for trusting AENI once again to assist those most in need in our home country of Ecuador!
Fundación Jesus para los Niños
- On September 2016, AENI delivered equipment to assemble a Physical and Occupational Therapy Room for children with Special Needs in Cañar-Ecuador. This donation currently benefits children from Cañar city and its rural communities. Fundación Jesus para los Niños is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide educational services and physical and occupational therapy to underprivileged children with special needs.
Sonrisas con Amor
- “Smiles with Love”, founded in 1996 by Dr. Polibio Arce, is a non-profit in 1996 comprised of a group of professionals who recognized deficiencies in dental care access and procedures, specifically with regards to cleft lip and cleft palate conditions. Dr. Arce and his team provide care and surgeries in poverty centers in urban and rural locations. AENI donated medical equipment, dental chairs and other equipment to assist Dr. Arce with his labor of love.
Fundación Tierra Nueva
- The Tierra Nueva Foundation, founded by the late Father Jose Carollo, is a non–profit organization that serves people with scarce economic resources in southern Quito, the capital of Ecuador. The foundation supports hospitals that provide out-patient services to families subjected to harsh living situations. The dental equipment and medical supplies donated to the hospitals are helping under-represented families obtain free medical care.
- Located in Quito, this organization has been providing physical, language and occupational therapy to moderate and severely affected children with cerebral palsy since 1992. It provides the following services to the families of these children: Customized therapy based on the needs of the child, group therapy to include hydrotherapy. Children receive three levels of education based on the severity of the illness.
The Posada Emaus Foundation
- A non-profit organization in Cuenca which provides food, shelter and care to children with cancer. Posada Emaus supports the children and their families while they are receiving treatment at nearby SOLCA Hospital.
San Martin de Porres Hospital
- The San Martin de Porres Hospital is located in the city of Cuenca. The hospital is directed by Mother Martha Vasquez Lopez. Its main objective is to provide medical and spiritual help to underprivileged people in their community.
The hospital provides Obstetrical and Pediatric services and focuses its attention on the wellbeing of the mother and child. The center needs updated medical and physical therapy equipment.
Alliance Exchange from Rio Blanco Community
- With the support of the Association of Ecuadorians in New England, AENI the Rainforest Scholars Program was launched to assist children seeking secondary education outside their remote rainforest villages with the hope that they will return to maintain their stewardship of the rainforest and to foster their culture. Six students under the age of 18 received scholarships to support their higher education goals through funding from AENI.
- AENI recently delivered assistance to Casa de Esperanza in Latacunga, Ecuador. Casa de Esperanza was in desperate need for hospital beds with special anti-bedsore mattresses, and patient cranes to better transport the children to be bathed. These supplies were purchased through AENI fundraising efforts. The dedicated caregivers are already using the supplies for the benefit of their young patients.
La Asociación de Ecuatorianos de Nueva Inglaterra anuncia a la comunidad latina de Massachusetts que The TJX Companies Inc. será el auspiciante oficial de su 12va Gala de Aniversario.
The Latin Heartbeat and Sonn de mi Tierra will perform at AENI's Gala 2017
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Beatriz Almeida de Stein
Mrs. Stein is the founder and visionary behind AENI, meeting regularly ...
A graduate of the United States Naval Academy, Mr. Yépez served ...
Dr. Martin Stein
Dr. Stein is an experienced management consultant. He has a BS and MA in ...
- Association of Ecuadorians in New England
52 Cranberry Lane,
Needham, MA 02492
- Telephone:(781) 400-1212
- E-mail: email@example.com